Farm & Ranch Program
Idaho Falls, Idaho Falls - Alta Insurance, Kaysville, Rexburg, Rigby, Twin Falls - Alta Insurance
Farming is so much more than a commercial operation, it is a way of life.
The farm and ranch industry is like no other. Farming is so much more than a commercial operation, it is a way of life. We offer extensive insurance coverage options for today's farm and ranch owners.
Contact us today
Please note: coverage cannot be bound or altered online. A service representative will need to contact you to finalize your request.
What You Need to Know About Farm & Ranch Program
What Does Farm Insurance Cover?
- Farm & Personal Liability
- Commercial General Liability
- Farm Dwellings: primary dwellings, high value homes, employee housing & rental dwellings, and scheduled personal property
- Farm Property & Equipment: scheduled & unscheduled, and equipment break-down
- Farm Auto
- Animal Mortality including equine mortality
- Liquor Liability for wineries
- Farm & Ag Pollution
- Workers Compensation
- Employee Practices Liability
- Seedmen’s E & O
- Crops in Storage
- Transportation Cargo
Agribusiness Insurance Coverage for Your Needs
We strive to understand the unique needs of the agribusiness industry. We provide local crop and farm insurance solutions for industries including (but not limited to):
- Crop Owners
- Dairy Farmers
- Orchard and Vineyard Owners
- Retail and Wholesale Fruit/Grocery Markets
Our experience with the exposures and trends with the agribusiness industry is based on years of industry relationships and risk management experience.
Uncertainty has always been a part of the business, but now there is a way to protect against unexpected yield and revenue losses. Whole farm revenue protection does just that.
Not only can it guarantee a crop's yield, it ensures your gross revenue. For example, let's say you had a strong growing season with great weather, but it's a volatile market and prices fluctuate. Whole farm revenue protection can help you recover up to 85% of your average gross revenue.
How Does Whole Farm Revenue Protection Work?
The program uses your last five years of taxes to determine your average potential revenue from all farm crop revenue. Then you decide what percentage of that revenue you want to have guaranteed. You can cover between 50-85% of your average revenue. Whole Farm revenue insurance protection is a program subsidized by the government and is only available through approved select insurance agents. Whether market volatility or mother nature, this critical coverage finally provides the stability you need for your farm.
Frequently Asked Questions
What is farm liability coverage?
Farm liability coverage is different from general liability coverage, even though they sound very similar.
General liability is just that, general. Farm liability can be broken down further into more specific coverages.
Here are a few types of specific liability policies available for different agricultural industries.
- Farmers Market/Roadside Stand
- Equine Operations
- Farm & Agricultural Pollution
- Seedmen's Error & Omissions
What does agribusiness insurance cover?
Agribusiness insurance covers a broad spectrum of risks as long as it relates to your agriculture business. However, you can break down the available coverages into four easier-to-understand categories.
- Your home and its contents
- Farm personal property
- Farm structures
- Liability protection
What kind of insurance do farmers and ranchers need?
The exact coverage you need will vary based on your business's operations. However, some types of insurance can benefit almost every agriculture business.
- General Liability Protects your company from claims of bodily injury, property damage, product damage, and more.
- Commercial Auto Even if you use a personal vehicle for work, a personal auto insurance policy doesn't cover the car while it's being used for work purposes.
- Property Offers protection for commercial structures, business personal property, and machinery.
- Theft and Crime Crime-related losses aren't usually covered by your property insurance and require their own unique coverage.
- Workers Compensation If any employees are injured or become ill on the job, this insurance can cover the payment of their medical expenses, lost wages, and rehabilitation costs.
- Inland Marine You can protect stored products or equipment in an off-site location, mobile irrigation systems, and products you are transporting with inland marine insurance.
What is agribusiness insurance?
Agribusiness insurance is insurance for any agriculture-associated business. There are a variety of policy types because agribusiness is a large field that includes many diverse industries. Some of these industries include:
- Commercial Farms
- Family Farms and Ranches
- Wholesale Nurseries
- Cotton Growers
- Pumpkin Patches
Your agribusiness policy will be completely unique to you, based on what your company produces and what your needs and risks are.
Is there anything agribusiness insurance doesn't cover?
As with any standard insurance policy, there are specific exclusions and exceptions. One of the most notable exclusions people often don't know about is fencing. In a basic agribusiness policy, the fencing on your property is excluded. However, if you rely on your fencing to keep your daily operations organized and running smoothly, you can find special riders and policy extensions that add fence coverage.
What is farm insurance?
Farm insurance is a specialized form of agribusiness insurance that provides you dual coverage by protecting your home and operation. Policies differ, but like agribusiness insurance, the four main areas of coverage include: Home and contents (detached garages, other personal use buildings) Farm and ranch personal property (livestock, feed, machinery, equipment) Farm and ranch structures Business and personal liability coverage