The farm and ranch industry is like no other. Farming is so much more than a commercial operation, it is a way of life. We offer extensive coverage options for today's farm and ranch owners.
Contact us today
Call: (208) 375-9199
Please note: coverage cannot be bound or altered online. A service representative will need to contact you to finalize your request.
What You Need to Know About Agricultural Insurance
- Farm & Personal Liability
- Commercial General Liability
- Farm Dwellings: primary dwellings, high value homes, employee housing & rental dwellings, and scheduled personal property
- Farm Property & Equipment: scheduled & unscheduled, and equipment break-down
- Farm Auto
- Animal Mortality including equine mortality
- Liquor Liability for wineries
- Farm & Ag Pollution
- Workers Compensation
- Employee Practices Liability
- Seedmen’s E & O
- Crops in Storage
- Transportation Cargo
Frequently Asked Questions
What is farm liability coverage?
Farm liability coverage is different from general liability coverage, even though they sound very similar.
General liability is just that, general. Farm liability can be broken down further into more specific coverages.
Here are a few types of specific liability policies available for different agricultural industries.
- Farmers Market/Roadside Stand
- Equine Operations
- Farm & Agricultural Pollution
- Seedmen's Error & Omissions
What does agribusiness insurance cover?
Agribusiness insurance covers a broad spectrum of risks as long as it relates to your agriculture business. However, you can break down the available coverages into four easier-to-understand categories.
- Your home and its contents
- Farm personal property
- Farm structures
- Liability protection
What kind of insurance do farmers and ranchers need?
The exact coverage you need will vary based on your business's operations. However, some types of insurance can benefit almost every agriculture business.
- General Liability Protects your company from claims of bodily injury, property damage, product damage, and more.
- Commercial Auto Even if you use a personal vehicle for work, a personal auto insurance policy doesn't cover the car while it's being used for work purposes.
- Property Offers protection for commercial structures, business personal property, and machinery.
- Theft and Crime Crime-related losses aren't usually covered by your property insurance and require their own unique coverage.
- Workers Compensation If any employees are injured or become ill on the job, this insurance can cover the payment of their medical expenses, lost wages, and rehabilitation costs.
- Inland Marine You can protect stored products or equipment in an off-site location, mobile irrigation systems, and products you are transporting with inland marine insurance.
What is agribusiness insurance?
Agribusiness insurance is insurance for any agriculture-associated business. There are a variety of policy types because agribusiness is a large field that includes many diverse industries. Some of these industries include:
- Commercial Farms
- Family Farms and Ranches
- Wholesale Nurseries
- Cotton Growers
- Pumpkin Patches
Your agribusiness policy will be completely unique to you, based on what your company produces and what your needs and risks are.
Is there anything agribusiness insurance doesn't cover?
As with any standard insurance policy, there are specific exclusions and exceptions. One of the most notable exclusions people often don't know about is fencing. In a basic agribusiness policy, the fencing on your property is excluded. However, if you rely on your fencing to keep your daily operations organized and running smoothly, you can find special riders and policy extensions that add fence coverage.
What is farm insurance?
Farm insurance is a specialized form of agribusiness insurance that provides you dual coverage by protecting your home and operation. Policies differ, but like agribusiness insurance, the four main areas of coverage include: Home and contents (detached garages, other personal use buildings) Farm and ranch personal property (livestock, feed, machinery, equipment) Farm and ranch structures Business and personal liability coverage