Request Quote or Contact Us
Call: (833) 256-7177
Please note: coverage cannot be bound or altered online. A service representative will need to contact you to finalize your request.
What You Need to Know About Golf Course Insurance
Are golf courses insured?
We can’t say whether every golf course in the world has insurance, but they can be insured! All types of golf courses can purchase a golf course insurance policy near you, including:
- Municipal Courses
- Daily-fee Courses
- Semi-private Courses
- Private Country and Golf Clubs
- Driving Ranges
- Mini Golf Courses
What is golf course insurance?
At its core, golf course insurance is a business insurance policy tailored to golf courses. Some golf coverages you can include are commonly found in most business insurance policies, but a few coverages are unique to golf courses.
- Golf Course Grounds — This coverage is a unique commercial property insurance designed for golf courses. It protects everything from the tee boxes to the fairways, putting greens, ball washers, sprinklers, benches, and even directional signs. It’s also sometimes called tee-to-green insurance coverage.
- Hole-in-One — A type of prize indemnification insurance that allows company, charity, and golf course tournaments to offer participants a “hole-in-one” prize.
- Equipment Breakdown — Maintaining a golf course takes a lot of work, and you rely on many unique pieces of equipment. If an insured piece of equipment breaks down and needs costly repairs, equipment breakdown coverage can help ease the repair price.
- Herbicide, Pesticide, and Pollution Liability — To keep your golf course neat, you probably use herbicides and pesticides. Many of these products can pose a risk to employees exposed to them regularly and can damage local ecosystems by spreading through waterways. Pollution liability insurance helps cover medical bills, clean-up costs, and legal defense.
- Inland Marine — Protects clients’ property that is left in the care of your business. For example, if your company provides valet parking or guest lockers, you are liable for the property associated with them because the items are left in your care. Inland marine insurance also offers partial protection for your course’s golf carts.
- General Liability — Provides insurance coverage for your company against bodily injuries, property damage, product damage, and more. Whether an errant golf ball goes flying and cracks a window or a golf cart breaks a sprinkler head on a neighboring property.
- Liquor Liability — If you serve alcohol in association with your golf course – like a country club, for example – you should consider liquor liability insurance. Liquor liability can cover medical bills, the cost of repairing or replacing property, and legal fees.
- Workers Compensation — If any employees are injured or become ill on the job, this insurance can cover the payment of their medical expenses, lost wages, and rehabilitation costs.
How much does golf course insurance cost?
There isn’t a single estimate for golf course insurance near you that will automatically apply to everyone. Every golf course is radically different from all other golf courses. However, there are common factors that influence the price of golf course insurance, such as:
- Course location
- Course size
- Your course’s vulnerability to crime and disaster
- The replacement cost of associated buildings and equipment
- Whether you serve alcohol
- Number of employees
- Claims history
If you’re concerned about high insurance premiums, there are a few ways you can lower them.
- Install security cameras and alarms around the property.
- Keep fire safety equipment on-site.
- Train bartenders extensively on careful alcohol serving.
- Ensure employees use personal protective equipment when maintaining golf course grounds or deep cleaning.
As golf course insurance professionals in Washington, we strive to know you and your worries. We spend time listening and learning to serve you better and help you find solutions.
You’ve worked hard to build and promote your golf course. The next step is to protect it. We’ll assess your risks and help you tailor a golf course insurance policy.
We’d love to chat with you. Contact us today!