Get to know
Lisa Nelson, Esq.
Leavitt Group VP Employee Benefits Compliance, ERISA, Regulatory Affairs, HIPAA and Privacy Officer
Lisa Nelson joined Leavitt Group Enterprises (LGE) in 2019 where she serves as Vice President, Employee Benefits, Compliance & Regulatory Affairs.
With 16-years of experience, from law firms to heading legal compliance departments in-house, Lisa has a broad depth of experience in employee benefits, insurance and health law, as well as passion for compliance, business-minded approaches and building efficient processes. She has developed and overseen legal teams for multiple compliance and employment law programs ensuring that the company and clients are not only compliant with applicable law, but have some fun while keeping the eye on the big picture.
At LGE, Lisa uses her years of experience to help Leavitt Clients understand the law by using easy-to-understand language to explain, oftentimes, complex regulations. Lisa assists clients in understanding which laws apply to them, how to comply, and even have some fun with contests and events.
- Healthcare & Insurance Law, Including Knox-Keene
- Employment & Business Law
- ERISA/HIPAA/HITECH/FCPA/GDPR/IRC Compliance
- COBRA, State & Federal Leave Law
- Risk Management/Audits/Risk Assessment & Remediation/Corrective Action Plans
- Contracts Development & Negotiation such as Business Associate Agreements
- Corporate Healthcare Compliance
- Anti-Kickback Statute, Stark Law, Anti-Bribery Act, False Claims Act & OIG/HHS Federal Healthcare Program Regulations
- State & Federal Healthcare Reform
- Employment Policy Training
- Employee Benefits Policies & Procedures Development & Oversight