- Healthcare Providers and Institutions
About Our Agency
Local, Independent Agents
Risk Services of Louisiana is a broker with collective corporate knowledge and experience. We are part of the 12th largest privately-held insurance brokerage in the nation. This gives us the ability to reach global markets as well as standard company programs.
We can negotiate complex contractual transfers of risk in an evolving market. We can assist you in the identification and analysis of the risks faced by your business. We can then help you select the best combination of risk financing and risk control / prevention techniques to address these exposures.
We serve business and institutional clients exclusively.
Our experience extends to all traditional lines of commercial insurance as well as new and emerging product lines for:
- Professional Services
- Public Entities
- Real Estate
- Religious Institutions
- Retail and Wholesale Trade
Risk Services of Louisiana's history spans more than half a century:
- 1938—Merklein, Feron and Page founded.
- 1955—Kouns and Walke founded.
- 1973—Alexander & Alexander purchased Kouns and Walke.
- 1975—Alexander & Alexander purchased Merklein, Feron and Page.
- 1979—Alexander & Alexander purchased Neilson Agency of Alexandria.
- 1981—Graham Agency merged with Alexander & Alexander.
- 1996—Alexander & Alexander merged with Aon Risk Services.
- 2001—RSL purchased the Louisiana Aon offices.
- 2007—RSL Affiliates with the Leavitt Group
Net Promoter Score®
We work hard to earn your respect and gain your trust.
Our Net Promoter Score
What is the Net Promoter Score?
The Net Promoter Score (NPS) measures customer experience. The score is calculated using the answer to one key question: How likely are you to recommend our agency to a friend or associate?
Industry Net Promoter Scores according to questionpro.com
Brokerage & Investment Firms
National products, resources, and local trust.
What does national resources mean for you? You’ll have the wisdom of our far-reaching team and the support you need, such as loss control, training, negotiating power, underwriter relationships, claims management, employee benefits compliance, on-staff ERISA attorney, online enrollment and benefits management technology.
We work to develop lasting client relationships and make long-term decisions with you rather than seeking only short-term results.
We bring together the best of both worlds.
Leavitt Group at a glance
States and counting
Largest privately held insurance brokerage*
Million in total revenue in 2020
*According to Insurance Journal, August 2020 issue.